The FCC voted in 2020 to create 1200 megahertz of range accessible for unlicensed utilization in the 5.925-7.125 GHz band. This occasion was the culmination of several years of work by Wi-Fi advocates highlighting the FCC’s commitment to promoting unlicensed norms as the indispensable engine for wireless networks for American customers.
The augmentation of Wi-Fi in the 6 GHz band, named Wi-Fi 6E by the Wi-Fi Alliance, has been strongly advocated for by many in the Wi-Fi industry.
Wi-Fi 6E is the norm for an expansion of Wi-Fi 6. It upheld 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz groups. Wi-Fi 6E gadgets will work in 14 additional 80 MHz channels and 7 additional 160 MHz channels. 6GHz Wi-Fi has a similar hypothetical maximum velocity as 5GHz Wi-Fi: 9.6 Gbps, the greatest presented under the Wi-Fi 6 norm, the current form of Wi-Fi.
Wifi 6E gives all the facilities and abilities of 802.11ax. 802.11ax network speed and it combines innovative advancements to further develop general network execution while associating countless devices running high-bandwidth, low-latency applications.
Wi-Fi 6E networks will give expanded limit by working on the 6 GHz band with 14 extra 80 MHz channels and 7 extra 160 MHz channels while utilizing these current 802.11ax highlights:
- 8×8 uplink/downlink MU-MIMO, OFDMA, and BSS Color to give up to multiple times greater ability to deal with more gadgets.
- Target wake time (TWT) to further develop network productivity and gadget battery life.
- To enhance throughput, 1024 quadrature amplitude modulation mode (1024-QAM) is utilized.
The effective method to Get Wi-Fi 6E:
Wi-Fi 6E will be backwards compatible with Wi-Fi 6 and prior Wi-Fi guidelines, however, to utilize the new 6GHz channels, clients require a WiFi 6E router and gadgets like cell phones, laptops, and PCs. Any new mobile phone utilizing Qualcomm’s FastConnect 6700 and FastConnect 6900 can use the 6GHz band as well.
Benefits of WiFi 6E:
- No impedance from microwaves, and so on, because only 6E-capable devices can utilize the band.
- Wifi 6E upholds a prominent limit and more extensive channels to assist multigigabit traffic and Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality.
- Wi-Fi 6E Wider Lanes for Speeds. It grants 7 extra 160 Mhz channels which build the transmission capacity, and throughput.
- The greater limit is the 6 GHz band, which tackles association and blockage issues. The wide-open 6 GHz spectrum is involved exclusively by productive WiFi 6 associations, eliminating frustrations as of now brought about by congestion on numerous WiFi networks.
Assistance to WiFi 6E:
Numerous devices assist the WiFi 6E. These are:
- Very Low Power AP: Portable indoor or outside use is given by Very Low Power AP from versatile customers for utilization cases, for example, small cell coverage, hotspots, etc.
- Low Power Indoor (LPI) AP: Low Power Indoor AP does not need an Automated Frequency Coordination Service. This fixed indoor-only class utilizes lower power levels. LPI APs for utilized in an indoor enterprise deployment.
- Standard Power (SP) AP: Standard Power AP assists outdoor and indoor activities, these are coordinated through an Automated Frequency Coordination Service (AFC) to mitigate 6Ghz Wi-Fi from interfering with incumbent services.
The difference between WiFi 5, WiFi 6 and WiFi 6E:
The WiFi 5 was renamed from the standard IEEE 802.11 ac, while the WiFi 6 was renamed from IEEE 802.11 ax. Although the 802.11ax standard incorporates the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz bands, the Wi-Fi Alliance has presented the division of Wi-Fi 6E to recognize 802.11ax gadgets working in the 6 GHz band.
- The modulation scheme utilized in WiFi 5 is the OFDM scheme while the OFDMA modulation scheme is utilized in Wi-Fi 6 and 6E.
- Wifi 5, 6 and 6E have the same channel width, 20 Mhz, 40 Mhz, 80Mhz and 160Mhz.
- WiFi 5 has 256 QAM highest modulation, but WiFi 6 and 6E have 1040 QAM highest modulation.
- The operating band of WiFi 5 is 5 GHz, while WiFi 6 operates on 2.5, 5 GHz and WiFi 6E operates on the 6 GHz operating band.
- WiFi 5, 6 and 6E, all of them have up to 8×8 MIMO streams.
WiFi 6E challenges:
- Dual-Band or Tri-Band Devices
Wi-Fi 6E devices will be frequently conveyed as dual-band devices. Again this places a require the RF front end in terms of integration, space, heat scattering and power the executives for the multiple bands. The filtering requires to guarantee appropriate band separation to stay away from impedance inside the gadget. This enhances the complexity of design and the validation of the devices as more coexistence tests are required to be done, and multiple bands are required to be tested simultaneously.
Emissions are characterized by the FCC. This spectral mask depicts the appropriation of the power across the channel and into the contiguous channels and guarantees that RF energy that is being emanated on different channels won’t deliver harmful impedance to officeholder administrations. The tests are additionally done over the entire recurrence reach and channel width to guarantee consistency over the whole recurrence band.
- 80 MHz and 160 MHz Channels
An 80 MHz channel has 996 sub-carriers. And a 160 MHz channel has doubled from 80 MHz. The SNR per carrier is decreased and in this way requires higher transmitter modulation execution for effective decoding. The spectral flatness, which is a measure of the dissemination of the power variations for all the sub-carriers of the OFDMA signal, is additionally more testing to accomplish for more extensive channels. Distortions happen when the transporters at various frequencies are amplified by various variables, the larger the range of frequencies the more they are probably going to show this sort of distortion.
- Consistent Performance across 1200 MHz
Wi-Fi 6E gadgets should have the option to give steady execution over a recurrence range double of the coverage required for the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, with 1200 MHz of additional spectrum. This difficulties the plan particularly of the RF front end as it needs to give predictable execution across the whole range from the most minimal to most elevated channels and requires great linearity of the Power Amplifier/Low Noise Amplifiers used to cover the 6 GHz range. Regularly, execution will begin to move off at the upper recurrence edges of the band and gadgets should be adjusted and tried up to the most noteworthy frequencies to guarantee that they can create the normal power levels.
Requirement of Wi-Fi 6E:
Congestion: Wi-Fi gadgets should have a similar computerized highway to transmit and receive information. As the quantity of associated Wi-Fi gadgets develops by 22% every year. Traffic overloading is particularly creating issues in high-density settings such as in lecture halls. It is likewise an issue in apartment buildings and other multi-staying units, where uncoordinated access points (APs) interfere with each other.
Constrained channel width: The more extensive channels translate into quicker speeds; thus, the 80 MHz and 160 MHz channels upheld under current Wi-Fi guidelines should offer higher throughputs. A considerable number of the channels are non-coterminous, restricting the wide-channel advantage and compelling throughput.